Powered by procore

Spark Causes Fire at NY Hospital Building Under Construction


Share


NEW YORK (AP) — Officials say a fire at a New York City hospital building under construction was caused by a spark from metal being cut.

The Fire Department of New York says the fire at the NYU Langone Medical Center in Manhattan was brought under control Wednesday afternoon, less than an hour after it began.

It says one civilian suffered minor injuries but did not require hospitalization.

Hospital spokesman Jim Mandler says the fire was at a building that's scheduled to open in 2018.

Thick black smoke and flames could be seen rising from the roof shortly after the fire erupted around noon.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.