10 of the World's Most Expensive Megaprojects
From the Top Down: Ending Sexual Harassment in the Construction Industry
Spending Up for the Month, Down for the Year
Friday Funny: "Raising the Roof"
Tracking Technology Helps Construction Companies Save Money, Improve Safety
What The ‘Tech’ Just Happened to Meetings?
Weekly Grind: The Future of Construction Technology Across the Country
Friday Funny: It's Just Ergonomics
By Procore Editorial staff
August 11, 2016
In a time when the number of residential home-building firms is on the decline, the National Association of Home Builders reports that the number of minority-owned firms actually rose 9%. Likewise, minority-owned firms increased their overall share of this declining type of construction business from 14% in 2007 to 23% in 2012. A Brookings Institution study foresees the departure of 15 million white workers from the U.S. construction workforce by 2030, to be replaced by a skilled minority cohort in these numbers: 17 million skilled Latino workers, 4 million skilled Asian workers, and 3 million skilled African Americans. Read more...
Global Giant AECOM Dabbles in Sandcastles
That master strategist Sun Tzu knew a thing or two about out-thinking the competition. Turns out his focus on strategy over strength can be applied to gaining an edge in the construction industry. ... Read More
If you're a construction worker, you're most likely working physical labor and it can get hot if you're working under the sun. Here's a guide for h... Read More
As an architectural statement, the campus is a monument both to Apple’s corporate success and centrality to the global tech culture. At 176 acres, ... Read More
August 8, 2016
"Some of the cool things that we're doing on job sites today are with Rovers and the alive platform. Alive is that software platform that glues to... Read More
The National Association of Women in Construction has a new executive vice president. This change marks a “brand new day and brand new way” for the... Read More
Every construction business owner can learn a lot from competitors. But merely copying them won't do. You will just always stay one step behind. So... Read More
We've selected eight women from all walks of life to ask them one common question: what advice would you give women who want to enter the construct... Read More